A big part of the foundations’ capital was used to renovate existing migrant workers accomodation and for the construction of a two-storey residential building in the hazelnut producing village «Paşalar» .
The building features family rooms with self-contained sanitary facilities and kitchen, a large communal living room and kitchen on the ground floor as well as a playground for the children of workers and farmers.
During the harvest in 2015, about 40 people, including workers and their children, could be accomodated in the new building.
The project is controlled and certified by an independent accredited certifying body.
Critical media reports in the newspapers and on television about child labour and the poor living and working conditions of migrant workers during the hazelnut harvesting in Turkey motivated us to initiate the project to fight against these poor conditions.
To offer customers and consumers hazelnuts from an extraordinary fair, sustainable and transparent supply chain.
- Guarantee traceability from customer to farmer
- Prevention of child labour
- Pay fair prices to workers and farmers
- Overall improvement of the living and working conditions of migrant workers and their families
- Protection of environment through the promotion of organic farming and/or better agricultural practices